The Membership Subcommittee is charged with seeking and screening potential new members for the committee, and encouraging new members to fully participate in the work of the committee and its subcommittees. Members include practicing attorneys, judges, and others active in litigation support and the ediscovery field, including academics and consultants.
New members should possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge about ediscovery, in theory and practice. It is the Committee's preference that each candidate possesses either a J.D. or be actively involved in an academic position, or consulting business, with a concentration is ediscovery.
- Commitment to the Committee's Mission and Vision of working to streamline the discovery process and shaping procedures to resolve disputes regarding electronic discovery.
- Have available the bandwidth necessary to be an active participant in the Committee, subcommittees, and Phase Two process.
- Encompass varied geographic and practice areas, and career paths.
- Membership on the Committee entails a commitment to assist in the work of the Committee and its subcommittees. Committee members should commit to active involvement in the work of least one subcommittee. Upon acceptance to Committee membership, new members will be asked to select a subcommittee, and directed to the co-chairs who will integrate the new member into that subcommittee's work.
In addition to full membership, the Committee recognizes that some ediscovery vendors may not qualify for membership, but may be interested in our work and have significant contributions to offer. The Technology Committee offers vendors the opportunity to work with the Committee on specific projects and to share their insight and talents. For more information on a consulting relationship, contact the Technology Committee.
For more information, contact the Membership Subcommittee Co-Chairs:
Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC
One Technology Plaza, Suite 600
211 Fulton St.
Peoria, IL 61602-1350
Novack and Macey LLP
100 North Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606-1501
Moira Dunn (Outgoing Co-Chair)